Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cold, wet, and dreary


Didn't do much last night. Just chilled at the apartment. Nate came over after work and he, Rebecca, and myself ordered pizza and watched Order of the Phoenix. Very relaxing. I cannot tell you how much it annoys me when it rains for the first time in a while. I was up until about 3 because I just couldn't get to sleep. Then it started raining and thundering and that woke me up all night long.

I had been planning on spending Spring Break or at least part of it at home since Rebecca is going to in Houston for part of it. Well I got a call from my mother last night telling me that they are going out of town for Spring Break as well. She said they're going to a basketball tournament in Austin first and then they are heading to Grand Junction, CO. Not cool. I want to go so bad. I haven't been skiing in forever it seems. But alas, I can't take the time off work and I need the money anyway. Mom wants me to continue working part-time, but I think I'm going to go full-time. There's no point in sitting around an empty apartment by myself. Lol. Mom doesn't know that Rebecca's leaving though. Otherwise she would feel super guilty about leaving me I think and I don't want to put that on her. They need to go have a good time. I will, however, lay the guilt trip on thick when they go somewhere for their 25th anniversary this summer. I need to get to planning a party. Mom said she'd kill me, but I don't care. Work in a little bit. Then studying. Oh what an exciting, adventurous life I live during the week!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What is the basis for a guilt trip for going on a trip for their 25th anniversary?

If I have a 25 year anniversary, I am totally taking a trip.