Thursday, November 27, 2008

The last man standing

...or woman as the case may be.

As usual, I am the last one awake. I'm laying on my air mattress with my laptop in my grandfather's office. Everyone here goes to bed so early. I think it's because there's nothing to do. I've been trying to come up with stuff I can keep myself entertained with tomorrow. Holidays are always horrible because nothing is open. I did call the local Starbucks to make sure they're open in the morning and I looked at times for the movie theater. So that gives me a couple of things to do. I will probably try to find some quiet place to hole myself up in. I love my family but they are crazy sometimes. I need my quiet reflection time.

I think I found part of Rebecca's Christmas present. It's pretty cool and I think she'll like it. Now I just have to order it. I have a feeling I'll be on my computer a lot the next couple of days. And I think I'm going to go to Austin on Friday. I want to go to a few places and Libby (one of my cousins) wants to go buy a new Mac so it gives me a good excuse to go. I hope the next couple of days will go by quickly. And oh my goodness....Libby talks in her sleep apparently. She just completely freaked me out. She turned toward me all of a sudden and it's dark so I couldn't tell if her eyes were open (they weren't). She pointed up towards the ceiling and said very clearly "Look." She repeated it several times and got more aggressive with each repetition. Crazyyyy. Scared me though and I fell for it: I looked. On that note I think I'm going to try and get some sleep before these people wake me up at 5 am, but I will leave you with a lovely quote to ponder on:

One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments: