Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dubai

I honestly am amazed that I'm still awake at this point. It's been three days with just about no sleep. The storm last night was not helpful in my quest for sleep. At about 3 this morning a piercing noise sounded and continued to go off sporadically for the next 15 minutes or so. I think it was a car horn or alarm or something. It woke Rebecca and I up. We both wandered out onto the porch looking for someone to hit or yell at I think. I was seriously contemplating smashing some cars. Then I got up about an hour after that to study more. I am really unhappy with school currently. Yesterday I was completely ready to quit. Today has been better, but I still feel like something needs to change. I was studying last night with Monica at the library and she told me she found out Saturday she was accepted to this program to study in Dubai. She said they're paying for her tuition, room and board. The only things she has to pay for are her extra expenses and her ticket over. I think I may apply for the program. I would like to study in London, but it is so expensive. Dubai would be more practical I think and I would have the chance to learn Arabic. The only foreseeable issue is my job. It's something I really don't want to lose and I don't know how they would feel about me leaving for a couple of months. It's something to think about I suppose.

No comments: