Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire
But if I had to perish twice
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great and would suffice
~Robert Frost

Powerful words. I felt like sharing them. I have always wanted to write a book, but lately the feeling has intensified. I have taken to writing down any thoughts or conversations I have with myself in the hope that inspiration will strike, but still I have nothing. Well, I shouldn't say nothing; but very little still. Any ideas for a solution will be greatly appreciated.

The weather has been quite lovely the past few days. The temperature dropped significantly and it has been overcast and rainy. My favorite. It makes me wish I lived somewhere else. If only the cost of living there weren't so darn expensive.

Two weekends ago: Louisiana. Last weekend: Houston. This weekend: Fort Worth. I love seeing my friends but I am ready for a weekend with a chance to relax. I will be glad to see my parents though. I miss them. There's just something about unconditional love that is irresistible. Not to say that we get along in the least. :) I have a hair appointment Saturday afternoon. Then it's off to watch a movie with friends and later The Cutting Edge. Afterward we are going to eat at Ol' South for old times' sake. Bound to be full of adventure for sure. Now if I can simply make it through this week...

No comments: